Monday, February 15, 2021

CTMH Technique Hop - "It's Faux"

 Welcome to the CTMH "It's Faux" Technique Hop.

 

This month there are 13 CTMH Makers using CTMH products in their artwork to create a variety of projects with the "It's Fuax" techniques.  This blog hop is a complete circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the "It's Fuax" artwork. 

If you are coming from Katy Taylor's Blog  you are on the right track!  If you get lost, you can find the list on the bottom of  Melissa's Blog.

Here we go!

Since I was blank for an "FAUX" idea, I started an internet search and found faux leather, faux silk and faux metal.

I've done some faux metal in the past, the tutorial on Splitcoaststampers sounded easy and fast - perfect combination for me!
Faux Metal Tutorial - Splitcoaststampers

 My take on the Faux metal and Faux Mother of Pearl.

To create the Faux Mother of Pearl on the thin cut square, I used the Bisque Liquid Pearls, instead of the suggested Pearl acrylic paint.  After it was dry, then sponged on some Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide and wiped the extra from the Liquid Pearls like suggested in the tutorial.

I spritzed the Turquoise Gloss Spray on the base of the card, the flowers are from   "Counting My Blessings" D2008   

To create the "embossed metal"  I used repeated layers of versa mark and silver embossing powder.     It takes 4 - 6 layers to get a good imprint.  And you have to be quick and print when it's HOT!  The bow is mink twine colored with the turqoise gloss spray.  And of course some bling ity bitty sparkles and a slim strip of silver shimer trim                 

Annette Sullivan had a great tutorial to create faux silk. It's a new technique for me and looks like fun for a later day.
Faux Silk Tutorial – Lavender Thoughts

 I cannot wait to see what others have done. Now hop on over to Lauren Moore's Blog to see what kind of fabulous “It's Faux” art she’s created.  Be sure to drop a comment, we enjoy the encouragement.  I hope you enjoyed this hop.  If you see items you would like to purchase, contact your CTMH Maker or you can Shop HERE. 

5 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! Love this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool effect! I will have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT faux technique! I've seen it before but didn't think to use our Liquid Pearls...thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you have done with the liquid pearls!

    ReplyDelete