WELCOME to the January SOTM Blog Hop
featuring "Everyday Magic" a set of 17 stamps.
It will be fun to see all the stamping inspiration found on this hop. If you came here from Kathy Burrows you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around. If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog' found here.
This month we have approximately 16 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using the January SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one!
Here we go!
I'm working on a Card Buffet with a focus of Fun Folds.
Here's one for the team using the January SOTM!
I felt my card needed more "pizzazz", so added cool mint stickles
around the sentiment and fussy cut some flowers to add more interest.
Here are the measurements and instructions.
- To get two cards from a sheet of DSP, cut your
paper to: 12" x 11".
- With the 12" side running across the top, score at: 2", 4", 8" and 10".
- Rotate a 1/4 turn and place your 11" edge across the top of your paper trimmer (the score lines will be perpendicular to your cutting blade), and cut at 5 1/2".
- Now you have prepared two card projects.
- With the long side (12" side) running across the top, make pencil tic marks on the right and on the left sides, at 1 1/2" up each, from the bottom.
- On each side; cut from that pencil tic mark diagonally up to the top edge of your DSP to the second score line (towards the inside of your card).
- Those triangularly cut off pieces will have the necessary score line to fold on and be properly added at the base of your card. Open the card and take the top right triangle you cut off and flip and turn it to fit the bottom left corner. The 90 degree angle will align with the angle created by the inside fold and the bottom of the card. The bottom point on the left will fold out to be glued to the card front and the rest of the DSP will be adhered to the inside of your card. Do the same (reversed) for the other triangular piece. (hopefully when my phone is charged I can show via photo)
Now "Hop" on over to the beginning of the hop, Cat Nowak's blog, to see her inspiring work! Be sure to visit all the consultants at their blog to get some great crafting ideas! Please leave a comment, we love your encouragement. Remember, the January SOTM is only available until January 31! Contact your CTMH Consultant or (click here) to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount!