Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Tag, You’re It! - CTMH Technique Blog Hop

Welcome to the CTMH Technique Blog Hop
The theme for the January CTMH Technique Blog Hop is "Tag, You're It!".  This blog will highlight artwork using TAGS!! The Tags could be Thin Cuts, stamp sets, or some other form of tag using CTMH products.  So, I'm eagerly anticipating the 
TAG inspiration in this hop.
If you are coming from Debi McBain's blog, you are on the right track.  In case you get lost, you can get a complete list of participants at the bottom of  Melissa Robinson's blog.  This month we have 9 Close to My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using "TAGS" to inspire their art. To enjoy this hop is quite simple to do - just click on the link at the bottom of the post on each blog to move to the next one.  
Here we go! 
Front                                                                                                        Back
For the Season Expressions 1 New Product CTMH Blog Hop, I found "the impossible card" on Pinterest  - MayMay Made it Blog and really love Frenchie Stamps butterfly version. I played with the instructions and made a quick Birthday Card. It's really easy! I wanted to do more with that card and developed a tutorial using TAGS!!
I hope you enjoy the possibilities.
1.  This card can be made pretty much any size.  
     *I made a 5X7 - vertical.
     *4 ¼  X 5 ½, and 6 X 6 work OK, also.
2. Once you cut your rectangle you can decide if you like it 
     vertical or horizontal. 
3. Fold it in 1/2
4. Create a center cut to the fold line on one side of the fold 
5. On the other side of the fold line, cut two lines to the center fold     (see photo below)
    *They should be at least 3/4 inch or 1 inch wide.  It can be         wider depending on the center portion you want for the    
     "stand-up" part of the card. 
You can leave the center part as a rectangle or get creative and cut out a shape using a thin cut.  
 
You can click on the photos to enlarge them. The first photo shows the center cut to the fold, (bottom)  and (top) two cuts for each side leaving a center section for the placement of the thin cut. photo # 2: I do not want to cut past the fold, so position the top plates only over the part I want to cut, stopping at the fold, photo # 3: then I trim away the part I want to remove.
Now it's time for the "impossible" magic!  Take the right bottom 1/2 and pull it to the back of the card - it flips over, the narrow part moves to the front and now you have the impossible card base. The center piece magically stands up.  Place it on your VersaMat (Z1279) so that you can adjust the pieces to be lined up properly and glue "bridges" across the gap in the front and the gap in the back of the card. My card had room on the back for a Stamped Scripture, comment, and signature.
You can put the card in an envelope and the center pops up when released. 
Feel free to ask questions if my instruction are not clear.
For this challenge, I used the medium sized tag with the "wavy" edges and made a partial cut ending on the fold and didn't include the edge with the hole for twine or ribbon for the stand up part of the card.  I also used the same tag for the sentiment "Happy Birthday from our Stamp of the Month - Card Captions.
Materials used:

For my first card, I used the round/scalloped thin cut from Thin Cuts - Fancy Tags.   Found on the Seasonal Expressions 1 New Product Blog Hop
Now hop on over to Lauren Moore's blog to see what kind of fabulous art she's created.  Be sure to drop a comment, we enjoy the encouragement.  I hope you enjoy the hop.  If you see an item(s) you would like to purchase, contact your CTMH consultant or you can shop HERE with me.

4 comments:

  1. The impossible card, huh?! Well it's totally cute and it must not be that difficult! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - the "impossible card" is really easy. I do have photo steps to show how easy. coming SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great version of the impossible card!

    ReplyDelete