Friday, July 1, 2016

July SOTM Blog Hop - From the Notebook

Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!  We will be featuring July's SOTM, which is "From the Notebook", a set of 24 stamps.  If you have come here from  Haley Dyer ~ The Inky Scrapper, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around.  If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog: HERE
This month we have  approximately 17 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next on! Here we go!
I tried to use as many stamps from the set as possible. and cut the shapes with artistry according to the stamp sheet instructions.  I also took  the challenge #200 for Color My Heart  and used Ruby, Sapphire, and Colonial White.  I ran the Sapphire CS through the Cuttle Bug with the confetti stars embossing folder and then sanded the the stars to show the white core of our paper.  I used the chevron punch (retired) on the ruby fundamentals paper, backed it with red glitter paper, and cut the same size rectangle in sapphire, and Cricut Artistry, pg 47,14,43, & 2 for the tags and then used  and Artiste pg.47 Accent 1 for the notebook page. I also added thick twine, bitty sparkles, staples, and red enamel gems.

This stamp set had me stumped.  I see a LOT of potential for layouts, but I make cards.  Then I recalled a layered card I had see and problem solved! So sorry, I have no idea who inspired this card.  I actually think it was a cluster on a layout that I saw and decided it would work as a card.  Presto! have a birthday card for my 14 year old grandson.

Now "Hop" on over to Alyson Mayo of Create with Alyson to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! Remember, the July SOTM is only available until July 31!  Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here) to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount!

6 comments:

  1. Here's a question.... Is the sentiment "Birthday Boy" OK for a 14 year old? My DH stated he thought it would be for a younger child. What other expression could I state as a Birthday Kid nametag?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the folded over corner- reminds me of denim jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love all the layers! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, it did turn out to be fun to create, just still not sure about the Birthday Boy ID.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlys - your card is adorable. Don't forget to link up to the Color My Heart Color Dare! I think Birthday Boy is OK...kids like getting things that are personal to them could you insert their name? Love, love, love your card. I think it's S'mores worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the Birthday Boy idea and I think it fine for any age.

    ReplyDelete