Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Everything ABC's Blog Hop - Letter H




Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we will be featuring the letter H. This may be the name
of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. Whatever the crafter has
chosen as their H element will be featured in their post.

If you came from Stephanie Feist  of The Quilted Scrapper then you're on the right track!

For the letter "H" I've chosen both the words "Happy" and "Hello".  First, I'm Crafty Happy. As I was happily working on a card, I kept finding so many stamp sets with the word "Hello",  so that actually became the first card that I completed.  I used the "H" colors;  Hollyhock (Z2128),  Honey (Z2162) and the retired color Heavenly Blue (Z2126).  I was surprised to discover those colors actually worked well with the Hopscotch paper: another "H"
 

Hello Stamps 
Have a Happy Day Everyday D1616
Rain or shine D1634
This Moment S1501
Finding t he Words D1646
Just to Say...D1629
Lollydoodle workshop D1585
Hopscotch workshop - D1638
Just Sayin' - S1505

. This was my first atttempt using the Bokeh technique.  It's a bubble/blurred effect used in photography and recently I've seen in popping up in cards and layouts.  It looks a bit like our Brushed paper.

 I first saw a card by Marie Fox on Face Book on the CTMH Artwork group site.
Here are photos of Maries' art showing the technique and her Happy Mother's Day card.
  

 Mary Ellen has a great tutorial on her blog - Create with M.E.  I like her technique, though you need water color paper and I'm at a retreat without water color paper. I did use her suggestion to make different size circle templates and sponge white ink over the colors. I also used the dauber to cover the paper with a rainbow of the following colors; Honey, Heavenly Blue, Hollyhock.  I was hoping for more purple and green, but didn't get much.  Then I used the template and White Daisy to color in the light circles.  I'm afraid I wasn't patient enough to let the White Daisy pigment ink dry before stamping it.

Wendy Cranford also has a tutorial on her blog post which I found to be informative and helpful.
Check it  out here "Three Ways To Bokeh".
Third tutorial - also watercolor by Stamp Away with Me - Wplus9 Design Studio.
 August 2014 Release Week - Bokeh Made Easy
Fourth tutorial - Paula at Stampinantics

This technique is a lot of fun and I finished my "Happy" card.  Though wishing I had a better camera.  I actually had too much happiness and couldn't use all the stamps I had planned, even though I made a 5 X 7 Step Ladder Card

Open View


Upright Card

Bokeh Technique
Materials used
Your next stop on our Everything ABC'S blog Hop
is Tonya Whitehurst of "With All My Heart & Soul" Blog.

In case you get lost along the way…go to Scrappy Therapy  for a complete list of participants!

I hope you've enjoyed all the creative inspiration on this blog-hop. Be sure to leave a comment. Plan to join us for letter "I" in two weeks.



9 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this technique! So pretty and versatile too! I was just looking at a card with this technique last night! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, If you have another tutorial, I'm interested in more samples and help perfecting this technique

      Delete
  2. Love the cards. What a fun and creative technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a neat technique ~ such a pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card- how cheerful would it be to receive it in the mail? Great bokeh effect too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love all the "H"s also your bokeh turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Thanks for the Step Ladder Card link. Love your card and teh Bokeh Technique too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete