Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Everybody's Got One. A Story, that is.


Today I'm sharing a post from a blog that was timely for me at this moment in my life.  I don't recall how I stumbled on it, but do believe it was God-directed to inspire and connect me with a ministry that has been peculating in my life for some time. Now as I anticipate retirement and will have time available, my hope is to create a photo storybook relating those critical events in my life that formed me to be the person I am.  I want my children and grandchildren to know and to understand some of the truths that have been important to me, such as: The joy of the Lord is my strength; This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it, and that I need to be open to God's reminder: "Be still and know that I am God."  God has a plan and that plan is a story to be told.  
P.S. Ok,, I get it!  I just remembered I've heard Allison speak before and it was less than a year ago at the GEMS girls' club Annual Conference in Grand Rapids Michigan July 24-27, 2014. Now I'm laughing that I really need to start this scrapbook as a personal reference so that I can remember what I've done! LOL

Here is the original blog posted by Allison Allen 
- http://www.allisonallen.net/#welcome

EVERYBODY'S GOT ONE.
A story, that is.
There’s not a person you will ever meet who isn’t telling some kind of story with their lives. As Christ-followers we’re telling a story with our lives, too. 
Our story is a divine story; One that’s being written through our daily actions, our devotions, our disappointments, our dreams, and most essentially, our faith.
It’s an epic tale penned by God Himself. Scripture trumpets this truth: “All my days were written in your Book before one of them came to be.” In the New Testament Jesus is called the Author and Finisher of our faith.
Imagine that - Christ as the Ultimate Author, and, we – part of the story He is telling.
So, as believers, exactly how do we manage to tell a better story with our lives? How do we interact with the characters, friendly and otherwise, that we encounter? How do we adjust when we’re blindsided by a plot-twist we didn’t see coming? How do we reflect the Author in the nitty-gritty of everyday life? And, finally, how do we encourage others to see the divine fingerprints evident in their own stories?
That’s the journey I am passionate about taking with God’s women. As a teacher, story-teller, and dramatist, I want to encourage us all to dare to tell a better story with our lives.
Ready to jump in?
Ready to turn the page?
Ready to tell a better story with your life?


No comments:

Post a Comment