Saturday, April 9, 2016

The Everything ABC's Blog Hop - letter H

Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!
For this hop we will be featuring the letter H.  
This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment.  
Whatever the crafter has chosen as their H element 
will be featured in their post.

If you came from Wendy Kessler's blog
then you're on the right track!
I cannot wait to see all the H inspired expressions of creativity. 

My H is Happy Hexagon Cards and I'm Crafty Happy!  I love the time spent with friends crafting and the challenges to create items within certain parameters and for the H, I knew it had to be Happy Hexagons. I also love the How to... Tutorials and Videos, so I also found a "How to" for my H. 
CTMH has hexagon overlays for layouts and cards which are found on the Artbooking Cartridge Pg.67, the hexagon shape is found on Artistry Cricut Cartridge.  There are two hexagon stamp sets Honeycomb C1537 and Hexagonal Patterns C1626, and a hexagon embossing folder. Checking out Pinterest, I found a hexagon star fold card "How to Tutorial" I've also included my first photo How to tutorial.  It is similar to the "dahlia fold" except that this one is made with Hexagons instead of circles.  The "Song of My Heart Stampers" blog has a mini photo "How to Tutorial".  

I cut the hexagons using the Artistry Cricut Cartridge 
pg 6 (#6-Shape key) cut at 1 3/4 inches.
Fold it into a kite shape.
  I found it easiest to score a V and then adjust
the folds as needed to create even sides.
Here are three versions. 
The first is made from a combination of 
Charlotte and Georgie papers.  
The scallop edged hexagon base for the folded star 
is  cut from the Artiste Cricut Cartridge 
(pg 56 the Letter H Accent 2)

CARD 1
The Happy Stamp is from "My Anchor" C1642
 and the shape is cut from "My Anchor Thin Cuts" Z3202
I also used the chevron pattern from the Georgie paper pack
staples, and the zip strip from Charlotte.

CARD 2
 
Some additional embellishments include mini staples, the green glitter triangles
CARD 3
This card starts with a hexagon embossed canary CS 
that has been sanded to show the hexagon shapes.
a sequin with a Shin Han blue colored sparkles

Your next stop on our Everything ABC's blog hop is Tonya Whitehurst of Heart  and Soul Scrappers
In case you get lost along the way...go to Catherine Nowak for a complete list of participants!

3 comments:

  1. Great cards! Love those hexagons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! And what a fun technique, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! I especially love the Georgie one.

    ReplyDelete