Saturday, September 26, 2015

Everything ABC's blog hop - letter T

Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop
  
For this hop we will be featuring the letter "T".  This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment.  Whatever the crafter has chosen as their "T" element will be featured in their post.  If you came from Lauren Moore of CTMH Crafting you are on the right track.

For this hop my "T" is the Technique to create a Tile card.
I first stamped a 4 x 5 Colonial White cardstock (1388) using the new stamp set from the Sangria Workshop on the Go (G1097)
I used the following inks: fern (Z2650), saffron (Z2651), and peacock (Z2649).  I then cut the card into one inch squares.  WARNING: keep the pieces organized or you might end up putting together the pieces of a puzzle.  Please do not ask how  I might know about this possibility.  I glued the pieces of "tiles" on black cardstock (1386) leaving a space between the tiles for the "tile grout".  The black cardstock was layered with saffron (X5778) cardstock and then adhered to a 5x7 colonial white card.  The bottom sentiment was cut using the new cricut cartridge Artistry (Z3190digital/Z3167cartridge).  The sentiment was cut at 1 1/2 in. Saffron layer cut at 1 3/4 and the black layer was cut at 2 in. Two short banner tags on each side of the sentiment were cut at 3/4 in.
 (saffron) and 7/8 in. (black).
Glazed Tile Card
After posting the first tile card, I added liquid glass and let it dry.  If you get bubbles make sure you pierce them - I see a few I missed.  The ink is water based so bleeds a bit.  I've also seen glazing the tiles with clear embossing powder.  Another tile technique is to dry emboss the grid and then stamp the image.  I've started a "Tile Cards" file on pinterest.  I found some great ideas. 
OK, now I'm on a "T" roll, found a gift bag AKA Treat Bag
I don't have Halloween paper, (at a retreat) but you can use your imagination... I would also use the Pixie Extra Thick Twine (Z3035)  I found a tutorial so click here for the "how to".


Your next stop on our Everything ABC's Blog Hop is Dominique Groulx of fun2cre8.  If you get lost along the way... go to Scrappy Therapy.  


5 comments:

  1. Great technique! I like this look another technique I need to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! It is so cheerful and thanks for the warning! Your card was worth the work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card - very neat technique I want to try

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful tile cards- the liquid glass really brings it to life!

    ReplyDelete