Sunday, March 15, 2015

CTMH Technique Blog Hop - Blank Canvas

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop! 


Welcome to March's CTMH technique blog hop. This month we are highlighting the “Blank Canvas” Technique found on page 32 of the Close to My Heart's Annual Inspirations Idea Book focusing on crafting on our 6x6 canvas!  For the entire hop list go to Melissa Robinson.  This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the  fabulous artwork incorporating this technique. If you are. coming from Di Crawford's Blog, you're are on the right track!

A couple years ago, I created a 4 panel, entirely CTMH, home decor canvas project. But for this challenge, I was thinking about doing a "She Art" project that I first saw posted on FB by my upline, Julie Reynolds.  She had created the project at the fall CTMH leadership training.  I also found more inspiration posted on the CTMH blog, Meaningful Mixed Media. The originator of the "She Art" is Christy Tomlinson.

First, I'm posting my original 4 panel project using the retired CTMH For Always paper.  The letters were cut with the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge. Z1686


Here's my She Art creation, a reflection of who I am, not yet finished, a work of art, continually changing.  This is a really fun, creative project.  It's more than just a project, the process itself is as meaningful as the finished art.



I finally was able to attach the picture.  Not sure why it insisted on turning upside down when it looked right side up.  Enjoying the process and will be making some changes and additions soon.
I'm eager to see the other creative inspiration that will evolve from this technique hop.
Thanks for stopping by!  Please continue onto Melissa David's Blog where you will find some additional artwork .highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow...not one but four panels. Very beautiful. And I can't wait to see your She Art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...the LOVE panels are lovely! ;) VERY NICE! Cute She Art too! Love the scripture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Love your LOVE and your She Art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful! This gives so many ideas for any important word ...

    ReplyDelete