Sunday, March 15, 2020

CTMH Technique Hop - "Distressed Much?"


Welcome to the March CTMH Technique Blog Hop! 
This month there are 14 CTMH consultants using CTMH products in their artwork to create a variety crafts using the theme "Distressed Much?".  This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous "Distressed" artwork.  
If you are coming from Michelle Longcar's blog  you are on the right track!  If you get lost, you can find the list on the bottom of Melissa's blog .
Here we go!

Crafting de-stresses me, it's my therapy and with schools closing and increases in the local positive Covid-19 tests, it's a challenge to not be stressed.
One technique I like to use is distressing the paper to make it look older. There are multiple ways to distress.
1. inking edges, 2. roughing edges, 3. ink splatters, 4. sanding or filing, 5. rolling and tearing paper.

Our newest paper "Yesterday and Today" already has a distressed/aged look to it, so I'm using more inking and roughening the edges with a scissors to accentuate the effect.



I used the "You Make Me Happy" stamp set(25 stamps).  
They can be colored or simply stamped.  
I dyed the White Ribbon with Espresso ink.  
 I cannot wait to see what others have done.  
Now hop on over to Cat Nowak's blog  to see what kind of fabulous "Distressed" art she's created.  Be sure to drop a comment, we enjoy the encouragement. I hope you enjoyed this hop.  If you see items you would like to purchase, contact your CTMH consultant or you can Shop HERE

5 comments:

  1. These animals look great on anything! I totally forgot about rolling the edges!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my! Your card is awesome! So many great techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! So many great details. Love it!

    ReplyDelete