Saturday, November 15, 2014

The Everything ABC Blog-Hop Letter X

Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!


          

For this hop we will be featuring the letter "X" This may be the name
of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. Whatever the crafter has
chosen as their "X" element will be featured in their post.  For the letter X we can even use any word containing the letter X
If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning
If you came from  Elise Sosa - A Splash of Color then you're on the right track!

Card in a Box

I love the BOX card.  So when I thought of X I thought of the submitting my attempt at making one.  When I first saw these cards, I actually didn't realize they folded and could be put in a regular sized envelope.

When I researched making the card, I found several ideas and posted them on my Pinterest board. including a cutting template.  The You Tube video tutorial I used was from frenchiestamps.com. The card is 5.5"X4.25"



For this box I used
All CTMH items from the 2014 Annual Inspirations Idea Book

Sparkles Black and Grey - Z1754
The Happy Birthday Stamp D1497
from the Art Philosophy collection

I like making layered flowers, cutting a variety of shapes and sizes, ink them, spritz with water, squish into a "spit wad", carefully unfold and refold/wrinkle/squish as needed. let it dry then reink if needed, glue together and add a center pearl or sparkle. I do think the teal butterflies need a couple black/grey sparkles. - tomorrow's another day...I might find some more time to play.
  
Your next stop on our Everything ABC'S blog Hop is " Linda Norman " of "Scrappy Therapy  ".  In case you get lost along the way  Linda's blog has a complete list of participants!


Hope you enjoyed all the "X" inspired fabulous art.  
Plan to join us in three weeks for letter "Y".

7 comments:

  1. Love this! Was it hard to make or have you made them before? I want to try doing one, but I think I'll mess it up! Gorgeous! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the Chalk it up paper and your flowers are stunning!!! I will definitely be trying that for my future flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elise Sosa, This was my first try and really a lot easier than it looks! The key is to check if it folds OK before gluing down the flowers that go off to the side. or they might stick out and then you just need to use a larger manila envelope. Thanks for the kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is one of the prettiest box cards I have seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! That is on my list of cards to make! I love your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making box cards...I've made several and I love how you can get so much punch from a simple card. Your sparkly butterflies are just the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the kind comments. You've inspired me to make more. :-)

    ReplyDelete