Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Everything ABC Blog Hop -Letter - Q

Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!



For this hop we will be featuring the letter "Q" This may be the name
of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. Whatever the crafter has
chosen as their "Q" element will be featured in their post.

If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Linda's blog ~ Scrappy Therapy 

If you came from "Lauren Moore"  then you're on the right track!


       When I first thought about making a card with some connection to the letter "Q", I actually felt a bit QUEASY and had serious QUALMS about connecting a card with the letter "Q".  Then I remembered the quilt cards I had done a year ago, but didn't have any left.  They are Quick, Quaint and Quilted.  I even checked if I could make a Queen Anne's lace quilt (researched the lace/quilt and found some possibilities).
Oh, then, I recalled the Quatrefoil Embossing folder and Quick Cards and this is what I created.

A QUICK Card, 
QUARTREFOIL embossed and
 cut from the letter "Q" key on the Artiste Cricut Cartridge


      I made  the card even quicker by using the Cricut Artist cartridge Letter "Q" (pg 41) to make the card (Goldrush CS) and belly-band (Pathfinding B&T). The card was cut at 4 1/4 inches and embossed with the Quartrefoil folder. I added the inside shape (colonial white CS) cut from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge (pg 36-letter ) cut at 1 1/2. Stamped the "Thank You" in chocolate ink and added sparkles colored with the marigold ShinHan marker. The butterfly on the belly-band was stamped on Goldrush Cardstock, fussy-cut, and layered using foam tape over a masked image of the Quick Cards-Butterfly stamped in chocolate on a Colonial white CS shape cut from the Artbooking Cricut cartridge (pg 48 icon/shift - letter Q) cut at 2 3/4. The edges are all sponged with chocolate ink.

Here's a list of all items used.
Thank You - from Banner Wishes - B1438
Quick Cards-Butterfly A1120 - retired
Pathfinding Paper Packet - X7186B
Quatrefoil embossing folder - Z1926
Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge -Z1686
Artiste Cricut cartridge - Z1790
Artbooking Cricut cartridge - Z1906
Goldrush Card Stock - 1243
Colonial White - 1388
Chocolate ink - Z2111
Sparkles - Z1752
ShinHan marker - Z2457
Sponge - Z697
Scissors - Z1836
Foam tape - Z1151

Your next stop on our Everything ABC'S blog Hop is " Linda Norman " of "Scrappy Therapy  ".
In case you get lost along the way  Linda's blog has a complete list of participants!

Hope you enjoyed all the "Q" inspired fabulous art.  Please check back;  I'm feeling inspired to create some more quilt cards and will add them to this blog ASAP.

5 comments:

  1. Love all you "Qs" and I really love your card!! I will need to lift this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just stunning! I love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card - and great inspiration for Q

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!! The cricut cuts really make it look like you spend more time on it.

    ReplyDelete